Shelby Farms Park and Shelby Farms Greenline are great places to get moving! It is especially tempting to be active outdoors for as long as possible on beautiful summer days, but those sunny days can take a toll on you when you workout. Check out some simple tips below to help you beat the heat this summer!
1. Avoid hottest part of day (10am-3pm)
2. Wear loose, light colored clothing
3. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout.
4. Slow your pace -- The heat and humidity take more out of you than in a gym or during milder temps
5. Listen to your body -- If you need a break or need to stop, do it!
Water fountains can be found at the locations below at the Park and on the Greenline:
First Tennessee Foundation Visitor Center | water bottle filling station available
The Outback (Gate 12) | dog fountain available
Woodland Discovery Playground
Shelby Farms Greenline (0.0 mile marker) | water bottle filling station + dog fountain available
Hyde Lake South Parking Lot
Stay cool out there, Park fans!
Any information that may impact your visit to the Park will be posted here. There are no active alerts at this time.