With more than 20 bodies of water across 4,500 acres, Shelby Farms Park offers great fishing for beginners and pros alike.
Please review our fishing information below, and keep in mind that all of our fishing areas are also home to many varieties of waterfowl, wildlife and snakes. We appreciate your help in protecting the habitat of all the creatures who call Shelby Farms Park "home."
Need a license, bait or a pole? Visit the new Bait Shop at Shelby Farms Park, which opens in March 2016 (hours TBA)!
Rules and Requirements
- A valid Tennessee fishing license is required (for those over 13), and Tennessee fishing rules and regulations apply on all lakes at Shelby Farms Park. To purchase a license, visit the Bait Shop, located next to the Horse Stables.
- There are no fees to fish at the Park
- No Carp may be taken. They must be returned to the water
- Beaver Lake, Pine Lake and Patriot Lake have piers that allow visitors to fish deeper waters
- Bank fishing is permitted at these and other lakes in the Park, unless otherwise posted
- Jones Pond is stocked with Rainbow Trout several times a year by TWRA (dates TBA)
- Catfish, Stripers, Crappie, Bream, Large and Small-mouthed Bass are all found in Shelby Farms Park waters
- Do not leave trash or materials. We ask that you take with you anything you bring to the Park
- People-powered boats only! No motorized boats in lakes at the Park
- No swimming in any body of water
Creel and Length Limits
Striped Bass - limit 2, minimum length 18 inches
All other Bass - limit 5, minimum length 14 inches
Catfish - limit 5, minimum length 12 inches