Basic Park Rules
Shelby Farms Park + Shelby Farms Greenline are open from sunrise to sunset, daily. The Woodland Discovery Playground is open from 9am to one hour before sunset. To check sunrise/sunset times, click here.
- No boating in lakes except Hyde Lake and Pine Lake. Battery operated trolling motors only.
- No swimming or wading in any body of water
- Tennessee fishing license is required for people over 13 years old
- No recreational drones allowed in the Park.
- No cutting of trees or removal of flora of any kind
- ATVs and four-wheelers are not allowed. Off-road driving is not allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed
- Hunting is not allowed
- Shelters must be reserved in advance by contacting the main office and may not be used without a reservation
- Signs not allowed unless by special arrangement
- Dogs must be on leash except in the designated off-leash area
- Music must not be played loud enough to be heard outside a vehicle
- No parking on grass in any areas
- No moon bounces, space walks, inflatables, water slides, dunk tanks, petting zoos or climbing walls
- Speed limit is 20mph in Park
- No personal grills
- All excess trash which does not fit in garbage cans provided must be removed from Park
- No metal detectors
PHOTOGRAPHY + FILMING PERMIT POLICIES
All professional photography and filming must be scheduled at least five business days in advance by calling 901.222.7299 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org An application form must be completed for each visit, and must be approved before coming to the Park.
Professional photography/filming is defined as:
- shoots involving props, changes of clothing, or more equipment than a basic tripod and flash
- photographs and/or film from the shoot will be used for monetary gain, or used in advertising goods or services
Click here to download a Photography + Filming Permit.
General Dog Rules
- Dogs are not allowed off leash in Shelby Farms Park (with the exception of the designated Off-Leash Dog Park area)
- Dogs are not permitted to be off leash on any trails
- Leash length is not to exceed 10 feet
- Solid pet waste is to be picked up and disposed of properly
- Dogs cannot disturb of interfere with wildlife or other park users
The Outback Off-Leash Dog Park Rules
Gates 11, 12 and 13 are designated as entrances to the Outback. This is a multi-use area where dogs may be off leash but are likely to interact with hikers, cyclists, horses and runners. The gates are located on Trinity Road and Raleigh-LaGrange Road on the northeast side of the park.
Dogs are allowed off leash during park hours (dawn to dusk), but dogs must be under voice command, under control and may not disturb or interfere with other park users or wildlife.The Outback includes six lakes, rolling hills and beautiful terrain for you and your pets to enjoy.
You may only have one dog per person.
Woodland Discovery Playground Rules
- Parties and groups MUST make a reservation to attend (email or call Brandy at 901-222-7280 to reserve)
- You are not permitted to bring in your own tables
- No adults allowed in the playground except in the company of children
- Only children age 12 and under
- Children must be supervised while in the playground (you may not drop children off)
- No pets allowed in the playground-No littering
- No food or beverage-No drugs, smoking or alcohol
- No amplifying sound
- No disorderly conduct
- No feeding wildlife
- No commercial activity
Shelby Farms Greenline Rules
- Trail open sunrise to sunset
- Remain on trail at all times
- Travel at a reasonable speed in a consistent and predictable manner
- Slower traffic keep right
- No motorized vehicles except electric wheelchairs and bicycles
- No drugs or alcohol
- Leash and pet waste clean-up laws will be enforced
Call 911 for emergencies and (901) 545-COPS for non-emergencies.
Contact: email@example.com or (901) 222-PARK.
Trail managed by Shelby Farms Park Conservancy